Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Garrett’s Room.

DSC_1361

Garrett’s new “Big Boy” room is complete.  There are a few little things I still want to do, but for the most part his room is being checked off of my “to do” list. 

Take a look…..

His new bed and bedding.

DSC_1373DSC_1351

Close up of the sheets, which is the theme of the room, Transportation.DSC_1365

The Rug.

DSC_0990

His Dresser.

….which was his changing table, but we removed the top….Potty Training will start soon…..ugghhhh….not looking forward to it.

DSC_1369 DSC_1370 

Lamp Shade.

DSC_0993 DSC_1334 

Curtains.

I was so excited to find these.  They are from Pottery Barn Kids and they are from their rugby line which is discontinued.  I really wanted something bold and boyish for his curtains.  I didn’t want them to be too “matchy matchy” with his bedding or just a solid color.  I wanted something to kind of break it all up.  I remembered that PBK had this pattern, but after looking online, I realized they were no longer available. 

I went to PBK yesterday and was happy to find one on their shelf, but I controlled my excitement because what good is ONE panel….(his window is too big to do my old trick of making it into two panels) but then I quickly realized there were TWO panels in the pack!  I then got excited and thought “What a deal!  Two for the price of one!”……NO….the price was just doubled.  Oh well, I found what I was looking for!!

DSC_1346

Airplane finials on his curtain rod. 

DSC_1345 

Remember he had a monkey cover for his chair, but I decided to order him a new cover which is identical to Jackson’s.  I am learning that 2 of the same is much easier….

DSC_1341 DSC_1358DSC_1333 DSC_1356

{Focus on the cute frame, not the empty frame!}DSC_1355 DSC_1354  DSC_1371 DSC_1359

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

His room is perfect! It will be nice to grow into and not too babyish. That bedding is just too, too cute!

Jessica said...

Love it! Awesome job :)

Marla said...

His room looks great!! I love it all!

Kristin said...

Very nice!!! Looks great!!!!

Megan said...

So cute!! I have something in mind for Hayden's new room, so I loved looking at it all! Thanks for sharing!

Annie said...

what a cute room!! everything looks great together!! :)
some triplets i babysit for have the same bedding and curtains in their bedroom ;)

caycee said...

Such a cute room , I love it!

twinkietotmom said...

Love the room...so cute!

Jamie Kubeczka said...

What a cute big boy room he has!

Debbie said...

So cute! I love all the details, you did a great job!

Anonymous said...

This is the prefect big boy room. It's something he can grow into. I just love it. nice job! ~Darlene

Colleen said...

I love this. Your accessories are adorable. I am bookmarking it as I want to do something similar when we do our big boy room.

Melanie said...

Such a cute room! I'm sure your little guy loves it!