Monday, May 3, 2010

Cousin Lovin'

Saturday afternoon, the boys and I went to my sister's house for a little while to spend time with her and Savannah.  The boys really are very interested in her......
They were trying to entertain her with some toys.
I like Jackson's face in this one - 
Jackson may like "Baby Girl Sa-banna" a little too much.  Today we were in the car and some how we got on the topic that Garrett is Jackson's baby brother.  I can't recall Jackson's exact words, but it was something like "I want there to be another baby that lives at our house."  I wanted to yell "ARE YOU KIDDING ME!?  ARE YOU CRAZY?!" but I calmly responded with, "Jackson, that would mean Mommy would have to have another baby.  The baby would grow in Mommy's tummy.....not Aunt M's tummy.  It would always be with us.  It would be your brother or sister, not your cousin.  It would cry during the middle of the night which would make it hard for you to sleep.  It would want to play with all of your toys.  Plus, our new house only has two kids rooms, so we don't really have room for another baby."  

Thinking I said enough negatives to change his mind, he was quiet for a moment and said "If I have a baby sister, she can sleep in my sleeping bag."   I couldn't respond at this point.
We asked the boys if they wanted to hold Savannah.  They gladly accepted - 
      
We really thought by Jackson holding Savannah with Garrett sitting next to him, Garrett would be satisfied and not want to actually hold her.  We were wrong.  As soon as we took Savannah from Jackson, Garrett put out his arms and said in his sweet little voice, "Me hold baby Sa-bana too?"


2 comments:

Snider Family said...

I read your story and then read it to Darrin. How sweet, "she could sleep in my sleeping bag." Jackson is such a sweet big brother.

Kristin said...

Awwwww I love it!!!!!! So stinking sweet!!!!!