Monday, May 24, 2010

Birthday Brunch.

My actual birthday is Wednesday, but we celebrated it with my side of the family Sunday with a brunch at our house.  

I was excited to see I even had a "real cake" from a bakery!
The boys were excited too....notice the missing frosting in the picture below?
Savannah was dressed in her birthday celebration attire - 
Harleigh and the boys played - 
A little bowling in Jackson's room - 
I thought it was so mature of Harleigh to put pillows against the wall to prevent the bowling pins from hitting the wall - 
Have you ever noticed my family always sits on the fireplace to open presents?
My sister's theme for my present was things that you never want to buy for yourself.  Stuff from Origins, Bobbi Brown make up brush, foot lotion, Kate Spade makeup bag, and a journal every mother with young children should have:
On each page there is a spot for you to write the quote/conversation, which child said it, the date, their age and where they said it.  I want to leave mine in the kitchen or on my nightstand so I can do my best to write down these little quotes I never want to forget.

Garrett loves looking at Savannah!
"Me read this book to baby Sa-bana?"  
Mom and Dad bought me......
drum roll please......
a new camera lens!!!!!
Hip Hip Hooray!!!
When my mom asked me for birthday ideas, I included it on my list, but I didn't think I would really receive it.  Let's face it though.....My mom knows it is really a present for herself so she can see more pictures of the boys.  It's a win win situation!  :)

Later, I walked into Jackson's room and Harleigh was having a talk with the boys as she was trying to read a book to them - 
"Now.....Jackson and Garrett.  When you get big and go to kindergarten, you are going to have to sit still while you are having story time.  No standing up while your teacher is reading.  No playing around.  It is very serious."
Of course the boys just sit still for Harleigh and worship every word she says....
Savannah didn't have to hear Harleigh's lesson.  She was hanging out with the big people!
Dad, Aaron, and Ricky were working on hanging the TV and dropping the cords in the wall.  (Aaron is in bit of an awkward position!)
Jackson thought they needed his help.
And Garrett wanted to spend more time starring at baby Savannah - 
Cake Time!  

No lighter, No problem!  Lucky for us, we have a gas stove now....
Notice Garrett looking at me while singing Happy Birthday.  After we sang and it got quiet, Garrett rubbed my leg and in his sweet little voice said, "Happy Birthday, Mommy."  He was so serious and sweet about it.
Savannah was the life of the party!!  That girl is a party animal!

3 comments:

Snider Family said...

Happy early birthday Kelli! Looks like you had a wonderful day. I love the cake! And new make up and a camera lens, sounds like the perfect birthday!

Bam Bam said...

It was a fantastic, fun day! Your new house is beautiful, and was the perfect place for your birthday brunch. I loved seeing all the pictures and hearing your stories of the day. Happy, Happy Birthday to my sweet baby girl!
Love You!
Mom

Justin and Shelly said...

How fun!! Happy early birthday, Kelli! Where was that cake from? It's so cute!