Wednesday, September 2, 2009

What Brings You to My Blog?

I have recently discovered Google Analytics. It tells me some interesting information about my blog. My favorite section is Traffic Sources. It tells me where people found the link to my blog, such as search engine, Facebook, another blog, etc.

One part of Google Analytics that I find funny are the keywords people search that link them to my blog.

  • our growing family kelli jordan blogspot (there are lots similar to something as simple as this example. These are obviously people who are actually searching for my blog. The rest of these however, are just kind of odd and funny)
  • first dentist
  • I didn't know I was pregnant
  • Pottery Barn Newport Kids Bed for Sale
  • 29 Weeks Pregnant
  • Chili's Cinnamon Apple Ingredients
  • Normally Topless Beach Holiday (hmmmm.....I don't think these people found what they were looking for....I have mentioned my children being topless after dinner, but not for a beach holiday)
  • 214-718-1784 (Why would some just search his number? Weird.)
  • bedroom furniture beds
  • ceramic toothbrush holder stinks
  • cookie carnival toasted almond lemon bars
  • hand, hand, fingers, thumb criticism
  • into labor
  • jackson slept with a doll (This kind of disturbed me at first, but after I searched it myself I discovered that there was a lot of talk about Michael Jackson sleeping with a doll. And although my Jackson has never slept with a doll, I have mentioned him carrying around and burping a doll when Garrett was a baby)
  • kfc coupon for free
  • Laura Bush
  • Little cowboy and horse pictures
  • man dies at great wolf lodge grapevine
  • modern kids beds
  • our family is growing by two feet
  • Popsicle slow melt
  • Pottery Barn regional buyers
  • Pottery Barn thomas look alike bed
  • Pottery Barn Chicken Towel
  • Pottery Barn Mason Dresser for Sale
  • Pottery Barn twin bed (Back during the whole bed issue, I wished there was a "bad review" section on Pottery Barn's website. Even though there wasn't one, maybe my blog turned someone against them.)
  • Sonic Float Youth Hedgehog Automotive Boom Nintendo
  • What kind of battery do I need for the clock timer of the pampered chef
  • Where else can I buy pottery barn kids
  • Hydro Green Irrigation
  • Baby Bump

Another thing I found interesting is where people have read my blog from, other than the United States:

  • Canada
  • Iraq
  • Turkey
  • United Kingdom
  • Philippines
  • India
  • Germany
  • Australia
  • Kuwait
  • Israel
  • Belgium
  • Malaysia
  • Romania
  • Poland
  • Lebanon
  • Singapore
  • Croatia

Maybe it was one of these people searching for the "Normally Topless Beach Holiday."

With this in mind, please feel free to comment on this post and let me know you read my blog and/or become a "follower" over there on the top right hand side of my blog. There are people that tell me they read my blog and I never knew they did. We may not even know each other and that's okay....I won't think you are weird. There are a lot of people I feel like I know from finding their blog through a friend's blog, but yet we have never met.

There are times when I wish I could send out a personal e-mail to readers of my blog instead of writing an actual post. For example, to get back at me for the high heel picture of Jackson, Aaron took the cutest picture of Jackson going potty off the back porch wearing cowboy boots and a cowboy hat. The picture is adorable and I would love to post it on here, but it is bare bottom. His age and a bare bottom is kind of debatable to post on a public site, however I would be okay with sending it through e-mail to people who keep up with my blog. It's just one of those things that is a follow up to a previous blog post, but yet I don't feel comfortable posting it on here.

So, go ahead....confess to reading my blog. If you don't want to confess with your name, I give you permission to leave an anonymous comment with something like "we went to high school together," or "I found your blog through a friend's blog," etc. I PROMISE I will not think you are crazy!! Google Analytics told me the average number of readers I have daily, but yet I didn't know that many people knew me. Who are you?? :)

10 comments:

Tiffany said...

I grew up with Shelly and my family is still pretty close with the Leakes. I don't know if you and I have "officially" met, but I have known Aaron since I was in pre-k!! I love reading your blog since I have a little boy too!! I think you are a great mom and a good example!! I like reading your stories, because it makes me feel a little less crazy about different things I do for and with my son, Andrew! The things moms do for their kiddos! Some people may think we are crazy, but we do it for them!! andrewsmommy28@yahoo.com.

Tiffany Hartsell Solis
aka Andrew's Mom
(Isn't funny how we lose our name after we have kiddos?!)

Its Me Again Margaret said...

My name is Stormy Burns Thomas.I graduated a year ahead of you from Mesquite. I found your blog from Kristy's. I love reading it. I have a 3 1/2 year old little boy and one on the way.

Kandice said...

I am sure you remember me....Kandice Robinson Vaughn. As a mother of a boy and a girl, I do a lot of comparing with development.


Tell Melissa congratulations for me, my mom, and my sis please. She is going to be an awesome mom.

Unknown said...

I read your blog Kelli it reminds me so much of my own life with my daughter. I noticed we think alot a like because of I guess being in the classroom environment. Your blog is better than reading the paper....it's not so depressing....yet it gives me a smile. Barbara Allen

Anonymous said...

I enjoy reading your blog. It reminds me of the days when my boys were that age. It goes by so fast and I love seeing you cherish every moment! Plus, it keeps me in the loop, seeing that I am usually the last one in the family to know anything! ;0) I think your a great mom and you have some precious little guys.
Love,
You Cousin Christy

Anonymous said...

I meant ~ Your Cousin Christy. I don't know if Donna reads this, but I don't need the spelling police to get me!

Snider Family said...

Hey Kelli - My husband and I are from Mesquite as well, we went to school with Shelly, but graduated a hear ahead of her. My husband's sister and Shelly are good friends, but she is how I came across your blog. I love to read your stories, they are so funny/creative/heart felt/adorable. We have a one year old little girl, so I am in the Mommy club as well. Its so interesting to see what the boys are up to and what's going on with them. I compare Garrett with my daughter and then see what I have to look forward to with Jackson. (with their ages)

You are such a wonderful Mommy, keep up the great work!

Here is our blog: http://erindarrinandreagan.blogspot.com/

Erin

Snider Family said...

I forgot to leave my email address! erinmariesnider@gmail.com

Jessica said...

Hey Kelli! I enjoy reading your blog also! I'm a follower already. I'm sure I got it from Shelly's too but I can't remember. You may remember me from high school, dating Joe Claxton and always over hanging out with you sis! I'm so excited that she's pregnant!

I'm a mom to Cecelia (CeCe), 9 months, and I love keeping up with you and your boys! I always enjoyed spending time with Melissa back in the day and the rest of your family.

I have a blog too but I don't keep up with it as well as I should. And I have a website for CeCe too. It's a lot of fun!

jessicallen.blogspot.com
www.ceceliaraineallen.com

Thanks for sharing all of your stories!
Jessica (Williams) Allen

Jessica said...

Here's my email. Maybe we can get together sometime for a play date!

jessa.allen@gmail.com

Jessica