Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Man vs. Woman

The other morning Aaron was at home and we had 4 errands we had to take care of - The Bank, Brookshire's, Wal-Mart, and Lowe's. The Bank and Brookshire's are near each other and Wal-Mart and Lowe's are near each other. We decided to split up the errands between the 2 of us, each taking one child.

I had to wash my hair (not to look cute, but for the fact that I didn't wash it the day before and I'm sure there was mac and cheese, snot, paint, or some sort of something in it) I asked Aaron to be in charge of breakfast with the boys so that I could hop in the shower and we would all be able to leave around the same time.

So, that's what we did....
I took Garrett with me and Jackson went with Aaron.

Back home.....

I unload groceries and start cooking lunch. Now, let me remind you, Aaron took care of the morning duties....breakfast, changing the boys clothes, brushing teeth (hmmmm....doubt that was done), etc.

After putting lunch in the oven, I finally leave the "cooking side" of our kitchen to go into the rest of our house.

(while cooking however, Aaron walks into the laundry room and opens the dryer. I think, "Wow! Is he going to fold clothes??" Nope, he just takes out the one item he needs from the dryer and closes the dryer)

1. Kitchen Table. Leftover breakfast....still on the plates.
2. I hear Aaron and the boys wrestling on our bed while watching baseball.
3. Garrett's room. Garrett's pajamas on the floor to the RIGHT of the changing table. To the LEFT is the dirty clothes hamper. Just toss left instead of right.
4. In the boy's bathroom. Jackson's pajamas and underwear on the floor.
5. The toilet. Jackson must have had bad aim this morning.
6. Office. Light on.....nobody is in there.
7. Jackson's room. Light on....nobody is in there.
8. Rigley. Running in circles....needs to go outside.

I go into our room. Normally I would gripe at Aaron, but I have come to realize that it won't change. It won't change because he doesn't find it annoying like I do. He doesn't see it like I see it. I just started laughing.

He was having fun with the boys and didn't care about anything but them. Remember the poem I posted a few month ago (click here to see it) about "Just for this morning, I am going to step over the laundry, and pick you up and take you to the park to play. Just for this morning, I will leave the dishes in the sink, and let you teach me how to put that puzzle of yours together......"
Aaron did that! Yes, I do that too sometimes, but honestly, I just can't walk over laundry day after day or leave dishes in the sink time after time. I just can't. And really, it doesn't take much time away from your kids if you do it as you go.

This day just made me finally realize why and how a woman and a man can balance each other out. I am too uptight about some things, and well, Aaron isn't at all. We both need each other to stay somewhere in the middle.

I must share this site with other bloggers: Blurp
I heard about it from Marla and love it. You can make your blog into a book. I am currently working on putting 2008 into a book for us to keep. It's a lot of work, but it will be worth it!

Random Funny:
Jackson is now standing up to potty. He caught me sitting down the other day and said "No Mommy! Stand up to Pee Pee!"
I said, "No, girls sit down to pee pee. Boys stand up to pee pee"
He said, "No! Jackson, Mommy, Daddy, and Gar-grit stand up to pee pee!"
I said, "Well, then who can sit down to pee pee?"
He said, "Peoples!!!" :)

(I called that story random, but after typing it I realized it goes with the title of this blog)

5 comments:

Kristin said...

That is funny and yet so true!! I am proud of you for not griping at him, better than what I would have been, haha!

Marla said...

Amen. And I am still not at the "not griping" point. But am working on it. :)

heather and mady said...

that was too funny and cute..and very true. i know exactly what u mean .

Anonymous said...

Kelli,
I feel your pain. Ketchup was STUCK to the plate and somehow it managed to find it's way to the dishwasher. I wanted to scream, but what good would that do? None. Glad I am not alone :)
~Amy

Justin and Shelly said...

This is hilarious to me, because I am more like Aaron and Justin is more like you! So maybe it is just how we were raised! Don't get me wrong, I LOVE a clean house, and I am the one who cleans, cooks, does laundry, and dishes...but only because I have learned how to keep Justin happy! LOL!! But I always forget to turn out lights and I grab stuff out of the dryer as I need it too! Justin is OCD when it comes to lights and taking care of the house and car, etc...so we balance each other out nicely, because I am quite the opposite!