Friday, April 24, 2009

I have to post these few pictures first so that you will be aware of why the boys have marker spots on their bodies. We were making a "house" out of a diaper box....although it really only looks like a house to children 2 and under.





I am still waiting for the day when I can write "Garrett is walking!" However, I don't know when that day will officially come. The deal is - Garrett is unique with his skills, as we all know. He has his own way of doing things. He knows how to walk, he is actually getting very good at it. However, he also enjoys walking around on his knees. I bet he could win first place in a knee walking contest. He is my random child....
See - he can walk AND hold his "keeey" as he calls it. (blankie)
He's got skills!

Look at Jackson trying to sit like Aaron. Hmmmmm....."What are they looking at?" you may ask.

This ugly turtle. Aaron found it in the road and decided to bring it home for Jackson. WHY?!?! YUCK. It's in a bucket in our backyard. Aaron and Jackson tried to feed it strawberries tonight, but it wouldn't come out of his shell. I don't blame the turtle! I often want a shell to hide in.

I asked Jackson to smile for the camera and this is what I got -

Cute smile, I must admit, but I wanted a more natural one. I told him to relax and smile normal. This is what I got -

I said, "No, show me that you are happy and having fun!" This is what I got -

Just give Garrett baseballs and he is happy.

Oh no....dropped the balls -



I love Jackson smiling at Garrett in this picture -

Aaron was cooking steak on the grill and Garrett was very concerned about the smoke. He was pointing and blowing -

On the go -

Jackson has been saying so many funny random things lately. I know I will forget things he says, so I want to try to start documenting them on here even if they have nothing to do with the post.
Today, the 4 of us were in the car coming home from running errands. Jackson grabbed Garrett's monkey that was sitting between their car seats and said "Gar-grit, I have your monkey just in case!" At first I thought, "Just in case of what?" Later I realized a lot of times when we are leaving the house and I am unsure if we will be home for nap time, I will sometimes ask Jackson if he wants to bring his blanket just in case he takes a nap. So....I think that is why he said that about Garrett's monkey.

His whole language development is so cute to me. This week I noticed he sometimes gets 'how' and 'who' mixed up, which are both question words (sorry, if that was teacher slang) We passed a house and he said "Mommy, how lives in that house right there?" Then he corrected himself and changed 'how' to 'who'. Not that I look forward to him making a mistake, but I love seeing him correct a mistake!! It makes me so proud of him!

We are officially on baby alert. My sister in law, Carissa, should be going into labor any day now. We cannot wait to find out if it is a boy or girl! My friend Kristin is being induced on Tuesday, but little Miss Payton may decide to come before that. Hopefully Payton will wait for her daddy to get home from Iraq this weekend! Carissa and Kristin both use the same ob/gyn group, which happens to be my ob/gyn group too. Maybe they will both go into labor at the same time! In the meantime, I have been keeping my cell phone close by waiting for some action!

Have a great weekend,
(Don't miss the blog below. I posted 2 tonight)

2 comments:

Kristin said...

All the pictures are great! But those ones of Jackson (when you asked him to smile, etc.) just seeing his different facial expressions are priceless!!

Mom said...

I love all these pictures. What a couple of cutie pies! All but the turtle :)