Friday, April 24, 2009

Clean.

I think I have mentioned the current love Garrett has for putting things inside of other things, such as putting blocks in a box, etc. Lately, I have been discovering toys inside of his clothes hamper. It's a constant battle - I pull toys out, he puts more in, therefore I have to be very careful when putting their clothes in the washing machine since I have accidentally washed several toys.

Tonight I threw in a load of their laundry as I was cooking dinner. (No, I don't separate colors, whites, and darks....who still does that?....okay, get those bad thoughts of me out of your head!) Well, apparently I should have paid closer attention to what I dumped out of the hamper tonight. This is what I discovered when the cycle was FINISHED -

How did I miss that!? That is a whole football! Not a baby size football, a whole darn football.

I laughed....showed Aaron....we laughed.....Garrett thought it was funny and tried to put the football into the dryer.


I start the dryer, without the football, and as I'm about to shut the door to the laundry room, I hear "thump, thump, thump." I think to myself "You've got to be kidding me!" I open the dryer and find this -
As if I don't have to deal with enough balls in our house (ha ha, get your mind out of the gutter!!) I now have to deal with them in the laundry room. Uggghh....boys and their balls....I mean, boys and their toys....

3 comments:

Kristin said...

HAHAHA that made me laugh... and I am with you on separating clothes... who does that? But I know plenty of people who still do, but I am so glad to know I am not the only one who doesn't!!

Karen Cupcake said...

hahahah! wait til its GUM and you dont find it til the dryer is FINISHED! gah!!!

(and I separate my clothes.. only because recently my kids bright colored jeans messed our laundry up something awful!!! )

sis said...

I like that one. Ha. Hey, speaking of laundry....Mom said you wanted to decorate your laundry room. Call me and tell me what you have in mind and maybe we can do mine!!! I need some help in that dept.