Friday, January 30, 2009

Jackson and Garrett had a lunch date at North Park today with little Miss Abbey from The Baby Blog. Jackson hasn't really been in public since we began potty training, so I was a little worried about how our day would go. Not only were we leaving our home, but we were going to North Park which meant he may have to wait just a few minutes before we could get to the nearest restroom. I feared he would have an accident in the stroller....which would get the whole seat wet....which may go to floor....which may cause people to stare at us....which may cause me to get a little red in the face (Teacher friends: Does that remind you of If You Give a Mouse a Cookie?)- so, I considered putting a Pull Up on him just in case, BUT I have heard Pull Ups only confuse the child, so I decided to take the risk. After all, it is "What's best for the child!" and not what is most convenient for me, right!? But, wouldn't it be bad for my child's self esteem to pee in his pants on the first date?! :)

To my surprise, Jackson did wonderful! He used the restroom at the mall and did not have any accidents. At one point Jackson and I (Garrett was at the table with Monica and Abbey) were waiting to go into the family restroom that has a small toilet for kids, but he said "Jackson go potty Mom," so I just took him into the women's restroom. I was proud of him for being able to wait until we were able to get to the restroom. However, I think he is learning that all restrooms look different and have different types of cool sinks which makes him want to see them all.

Tomorrow morning I get to go with Kristin, my best friend since 2nd grade, (Our Journey, can you tell I just figured out how to add links to my blog?) to her 3D sonogram. I can't wait to see little Payton in 3D! I am so excited about the fact that Kristin is going to have a baby. Once you have kids and your friends don't, you kind of drift apart because your lives are different. You still stay in touch, but it is different. So the fact that Kristin is having a baby makes me crazy happy!! I love it when she calls me to ask pregnancy and baby related questions. Most of my childhood friends don't have kids yet, so I am excited to be with Kristin through this exciting time in her life.

2 comments:

Kristy said...

one of these days....

Anonymous said...

Hey Kelli...because I didn't know who else to call, I called your dad's company to come help with an electrical pool problem we're having. So tell your dad that even your blog is getting him business...I think you need commission :) Even though we do live far away.