Monday, September 8, 2008

Happy Birthday Rigley!

I'm here, but can only bring words...no pictures. I haven't replaced my camera cord yet, so I still don't have a way to import my pictures to my computer. I need to buy a new cord, but I have been wanting a new camera, so now I am trying to decide new cord or new camera. Does anyone have a camera they just LOVE? If so, what kind do you have?

Tomorrow is Rigley's (or as Jackson says, Gigley) 3rd birthday! Poor little dog. We use to have Barney and everyone who knew Aaron and I knew he was our world. I had Barney since I was in 5th grade. I use to dress him up, I took him everywhere, I carried him like a baby...yep, I was one of those people. We had to suddenly put Barney to sleep which was very hard on me....so 2 weeks later my parents bought us another yorkie, Rigley. We got him in November of 2005. This is when we didn't think I was going to be able to get pregnant, so Rigley got lots of attention for the months of November, December, and January.
I found out I was pregnant with Jackson the beginning of February and have been popping out babies ever since. We are averaging a new living thing in our house every year. This is actually the first birthday of Rigley's that I haven't been pregnant. His 1st birthday I was 9 months pregnant with Jackson, his 2nd birthday I was about 3 months pregnant with Garrett, and for his 3rd birthday.....I will be remembering to take my birth control pill.
So, due to the heat you put off when you are pregnant (you don't want a dog sitting on you) and the demanding needs of my human children, Rigley doesn't get much "extra special" attention. I take that back. He does get a lot of attention from Jackson, I just don't know if it is the attention he would like to receive. :)

I was thinking about going to PetSmart to get him some treats and a new toy for his birthday. Now I am thinking I may just give him a bath. It is time for his heart worm pill, so I could give him that as his treat. That would be fun, right?

(Calm down, these are old pictures that I already had on my computer)


Now, don't give me a hard time about only giving my dog a bath and a heart worm pill for his birthday. I just wrote a whole blog about him. What have you done for your dog today?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your photographer uses both a Canon EOS Rebel and a CANON ELPH for her "fun" family photos.

Both are awesome! The ELPH fits in my pocket!!!

but it is MUCH slower to snap something moving really quick... unlike the Rebel, which is a great camera !!But bulky! Do you remember the tulip photo i had in my studio. HUGE print with tulips? that was taken with my canon rebel!

and no... we dont have a doggie so I dont think I did anything for a doggie today. I did give my cat her med and treat this morning though!! :o)

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday little Rigley - we love you - when are you going to outgrow your puppy years?

Anonymous said...

DOGLESS HERE!!!! Just ducks and fish at PawPaw's house. If I don't feed them they go somewhere else. SWEET.

Anonymous said...

For starters, you forgot to say who named Rigley. You also forgot to say that Rigley and his cousin Jade have the same birthday and are the same age. Just 110lbs apart.

Anonymous said...

What did I do for my dog to-day? I took him to the vet to get him an anti itch shot. That should make him feel better. Remember also, that Skipper is Barney's brother. But we love you too Rigley
Gramma Lynn

Anonymous said...

Do you want me to put on here what I did to my dog today? Or what Ricky has been doing I should say. :-) Not a happy birthday for her. oooo but sort of happy b/c no more "moment" as Ricky calls it.