Friday, May 16, 2008

You were right...I have my hands full!

Last night was our first night to try to make Garrett fall asleep on his own. I remember doing this for Jackson. The first night he cried for 30 minutes, next night about 15, and each night got better and better. I loved it once Jackson knew how to fall asleep on his own. We can just lay him down awake, and he knows how to fall asleep on his own. He didn't need to be rocked, or fall asleep with a bottle...he just went to sleep.

We started this last night with Garrett. The crying is the hardest thing to listen to. At first Garrett just laid in his crib for about 10 minutes...Aaron and I thought "WOW! He is going to be easy!" But then, he cried for 5 minutes, I went in patted his back, calmed him down, left the room....we did this pattern for about 30 minutes. Then he finally fell asleep on his own. It was great! But, Aaron was home to keep me company and keep me sane during the crying.

So....Naptime. Just me, Jackson, and Garrett. It is time for Garrett's nap and I can't rock him to sleep because that would go against everything we worked on the night before. I laid him down awake. Of course he cries and I do the whole cycle just like I did from the night before, however...during all of this Jackson decided he is going to cry too!!!!!!! He decided this would be a good time to throw a fit. As if hearing your infant cry isn't stressful and heartbreaking enough, there is Jackson crying just as much. This lasted about 30 minutes, but it seemed like forever. I wanted to cry and throw a fit with them. Would it be okay if I laid on the floor too and kicked my feet? Finally, Garrett fell asleep....Grumpy Jackson ate lunch....put Jackson down for his nap....shut his bedroom door.....AND THEN the garage door opens...Aaron walks in and the house is peaceful. Not a cry...just silence. Why couldn't he have walked in about 20 minutes ago to see what it is REALLY like to be a stay at home mom.

With having two boys 18 months apart, going to work would be so much easier....but I am so glad I get to be home with them. Even though it can be extremely stressful, it is all worth it! But, I do understand why that new study said that stay at home moms should make $117,000 a year....completely true!!...I need a raise! All of you were right...I have my hands full!...but I really would not want it any other way!

Tomorrow, the 4 of us are going to the zoo! We practiced our animal noises tonight. Jackson is pretty good at his monkey, lion, and tiger sounds! The lion and tiger sound kind of evil though!

Jackson said his first sentence tonight! Daddy Open. YEA!!!!

Time for bed!! (which means - wash bottles, put the towels in the dryer, pick the toys up off of the floor, give Garrett a bath, feed Garrett, swaddle Garrett, do the whole "teaching Garrett to go bed on his own," wash my face, brush my teeth, take the dog out, set the alarm, check on Jackson, and then get in bed....:) Night Night!!

0 comments: