Saturday, February 9, 2008

"Honey....I quit my job today!"

I told my Principal that I will not be coming back next school year. I was dreading this whole conversation. I didn't want her to hate me for the remaining part of the school year. It was fine though and I was stressing about nothing. She was very supportive and said she did the same thing with her boys. She said when I am ready to come back, let her know and she will find me a position. She was very sweet and I feel much better since that conversation is over!

How it will hopefully work out is I will work until I have Garrett and then my maternity sub will cover my class for the rest of the school year. I will go back in June to pack my things up. I am not looking forward to packing everything up AGAIN. I just moved to a new school last year. How come on TV when someone leaves their job they just walk out with a little cardboard box? Packing up a whole classroom just isn't the same.

0 comments: